lunes, 9 de marzo de 2009

Watching Watchmen...

... was not as painful as I thought it would. Sometimes it gets so ridiculous it's actually funny. I haven't read the source material but the script and especially the dialogues in the film were terrifying. (Oh my God! I am on Mars!). The performances were really bad in general, I would save Jackie Earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Some people praise Billy Crudup's voicework. I saw the dubbed version (sometimes I hate my country) so Billy Crudup looked like a bored (and boring) giant smurf. The embarrasing performances per se were Patrick Wilson's and Malin Akerman's. I thought Laurie actually was an abbreviation of L'Oréal, because she did nothing but shake her hair. And Wilson... Oh my!

The silver linings in this loooooooooong movie were pretty visuals (really good credits!!!) and some wardrobe choices (I'm starting to dress myself like Ozymandias).

But generally I felt ashamed of the movie, like it was trying too hard...


The Minute Maid Men

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario